Unified Communications and Collaboration
Today, people communicate in a fundamentally different way than they did just a decade ago. This reality plays an increasingly greater role in the success of modern enterprises and that is why today’s organizations must treat communications as a business strategy and not simply as a line item in their IT budgets.
In its simplest from, Unified Communications (UC) allows employees to communicate effortlessly with co-workers, customers, and business partners no matter where they are or what device they use. Unified Communications seamlessly blends devices and platforms including VoIP, mobility, video conferencing, instant messaging, collaboration and presence technologies, and the increasing reality of BYOD (bring your own device.)
With the right UC partner, unified communications as a strategy fosters a globally collaborative spirit and enables greater productivity, increased agility, and lower costs across the enterprise.
Four Key Advantages of UC-as-a-Strategy
Modern UC as a Service (UCaaS) offers the powerful cloud computing benefits of other cloud-based services, but Unified Communications “as-a-strategy” offers significant advantages over just a technology offering “as-a-service.”
- Enables workforce mobility, agility, and flexibility. By providing remote workers with access to the same communications services as office-based employees, enterprises can maintain consistent levels of productivity, collaboration, and efficiency across the organization.
- Consolidates User Environment for Improved Productivity. UC brings together diverse applications and only requires one log-in to access all available features and functionality. This consistency enables workers to quickly shift between tasks and applications to communicate faster with customers, partners, and each other.
- Promotes Seamless Collaboration. UC allows users to better collaborate with other workers and customers in different communication formats allowing workers to receive a message via one medium and respond through another. This capability leads to faster response times and improved productivity.
- Enhances the Customer Experience. Arguable the most important benefit of UC is the effect on the customer experience. When communication devices, customer data, and collaboration tools are integrated, customer response time is dramatically improved, and shorter response times lead to happier customers.
Learn more about how Unified Communications as a Strategy can impact your business
Or download the following documents:
- Unified Communications as a Strategy document download
- Unified Communications Datasheet download
- Instant InfoSystems Cloud Overview Brochure download